Thursday, April 30, 2009

May Day Wishes...

Something else I found. I know I'm a bit early, especially for the Mother's Day wish, but here it is... May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii.
All I can add is that as a product of Hawaii Public School education, I will always want to wear a lei on May 1st and sing some kind of song in a language other than English.
To date, I have sung in Hawaiian, playing the ipu.
Slammed the bamboos for the "Tinikling"
And then of course, they put all the chubby kids to work as narrators. Oh wait, it was cause I was a great reader. It was a coincidence that I was chubby. LOL

2 comments:

Margaret said...

hell to the yah! take it back to the hahaione courtyard! miss those days. hey, at least you had all your teeth while you were narrator. i had to narrate after busting my front two permanent teeth -- remember that one? lol. thanks for following. love3 you!

Ipo said...

My mom was born on May 1st and I always remember her telling me how "May Day is Lei Day." So yeah, May 1st is a special day for me, even though I was raised in the Am Sam DOE public school system....and had to perform the sasa and sit in a U shape singing songs on the malae...fun times...