Friday, January 16, 2009

Blue about Grey’s
Is it me or is Grey’s Anatomy beginning to suck? I arrived in Charlotte almost 2 years ago. My sisters, Maki and Ray, as well as my brother Teezy F. Baby, were all hooked on this much praised show. Ray had it on her DVR. I watched, mid season 3, and then started to catch up on DVDs. I got hooked. I loved all of them, McDreamy and McSteamy.
I waited anxiously to get to season 4, and was rewarded. Loads of “Medical” and heaps of “Drama” in this season. But now, here in season 5, I could care less. In fact, I have gone from interest to irritation to disinterest.
What I’m bothered with on Grey’s is this repeated use of repeated dialogue.
Ex: A woman who finds out she is going to die of cancer says “It’s not fair. It’s not fair. It’s not fair.” in a slowly fading voice.
An intern, trying to seduce her attending, says “Teach me. Teach me. Teach me.” as she undresses.
A resident tells another resident she likes “I care about you. I care about you. I care about you.” until he plants a big smooch on her.
All these lines are delivered with a straight face. I know it’s only supposed to mirror real life, but I don’t know anyone who talks like that. And what’s up with the three-peatness of all these lines?
Is it me or is that just terrible writing?
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

5 comments:

Ipo said...

Out of curiosity, I started watching G.A. last year. I was mildly hooked. But thanks to the my arrest by the "conscience police" I realized that there were many more important things to do with my time...like watch The Biggest Loser.

Anonymous said...

ha! ha! ha! great blog. for real? it's getting sucky? too bad. thanks for the warning.

Anonymous said...

It's not just you, Grey's has officially jumped the shark. That's why I keep my entertainment pure reality. Like my guilty pleasures, "The Hills" and "The City" as well as a slew of other reality shows. I just can't get into anything other than reality shows now. Get into it!

TEEZY F. BABY :-D

Margaret said...

http://sugoisamoan.blogspot.com/

ok, im gonna quit harassing you and start walking the talk. love3 you mei. enjoy!

Margaret said...

walking the talk for you and estee! love3 u!